Re: [ontolog-forum] Is Philosophy Useful in Software Engineering Ontolog

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ravi Sharma <drravisharma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 15:16:14 -0700
Rich

Yes I agree with Caveats about X, but if enough people, with observational instruments and techniques, or theories and interpretations (I mean SMEs and not voting process alone) confirm same attributes about X in context say this Planet as John describes it, then it tends to become an acceptable model or description of reality as approximately as physicist imply in their communications.

However for complex theories, one waits for confirmation events and often poor statistics, observations, etc., even sometimes decades before theories get confirmed. Then discoverers get Nobel Prize in their old age > 30 years after they proposed the view of reality.

Yet Reality as some of our colleagues including you described is time variant and never static even in physics, let alone where mind and matter try to comprehend a theory.

Again I repeat the notion that Einstein was interested in that world that could be described consistently without too much varying cognitive experiences and could be verified by others.

I see that thread when our ontologists describe Logic, math and reasoning, these are basis for science, but often roots in philosophy.
Nature of reality is very-very widely discussed topic in various languages and cultures.
Regards,
Ravi