Re: [ontolog-forum] Is Philosophy Useful in Software Engineering Ontolog

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: joseph simpson <jjs0sbw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 17:54:18 -0700
Human beings have a basic information processing capacity limit.

This limit may be viewed in terms of the "Miller Index" from George Miller presented in "The Magic Number Seven, Plus or Minus Two."

This limit for short term memory creates a situation where humans can reason with three "objects" at a time.

I am always uncomfortable when people are required to consider more than three things at a time.

Eleven (11) dimensions are much greater than three dimensions.

These types of contextual situations appear to be beyond the information processing limits of humans.

Why should we be able to relate to eleven (11) dimensions?  Why not one thousand, one hundred and eleven (1111) dimensions?

Have fun,

Joe