Re: [ontolog-forum] Is Philosophy Useful in Software Engineering Ontolog

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <metasemantics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 16:35:54 -0700

Dear John,

You wrote:

JS> The fact that there are countless more details at the submicroscopic level waiting to be discovered does not mean that all our beliefs are false at a working level. It just means that we should expect countless more surprises about the details

Of the 11 dimensions, we see only 3.5.  The rest we deduce based on complete lack of physical evidence about what is going on in those dimensions.  We don't know that the effects are only submicroscopic.  They could be macroscopic, such as the presumed Higgs boson, which provides an essential part of observable effects, but we still don't know how, or with what other effects there are.

All we know are e = i*z, f = m*a, there are MKS coefficients of various instances of those equations, there are 640 acres in a square mile, and so on and on.  Which of those "facts" in our current 3.5 dimensions will still be observable, or even singular, when viewed from some other set of 3.5 dimensions?  Perhaps they can be "heterodyned" into our own 3.5 like a radio station, but with very unfamiliar effects?

Humanity has made a lot of progress, but not yet gotten it all understood.  The point is we simply don't know if we see the same X when two of us look at an X.  Any attempt to whitewash that unknown is just "proof by emphatic assertion" that it doesn't matter, not real proof.

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper,

Rich Cooper,

Chief Technology Officer,

MetaSemantics Corporation

MetaSemantics AT EnglishLogicKernel DOT com

( 9 4 9 ) 5 2 5-5 7 1 2

http://www.EnglishLogicKernel.com