Re: [ontolog-forum] Is Philosophy Useful in Software Engineering Ontolog

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 02:16:04 -0400
On 7/4/2015 11:31 PM, Rich Cooper wrote:
> how would we know if we are truly looking at the **same world**, or at
> the **same system**, the **same problem**, the **same project**,
> whatever you like to call your plans, if you use them?
>
> How could you tell?    (01)

Since we are all on the same planet, the answer to the first question
is obvious:  there is no other option.  If you don't believe that,
you belong in a loony bin.    (02)

The answer to the other questions may take some effort to untangle
the subtleties.  But the basic method is also simple:  you ask the
other person some questions.  For most people, you can get a fairly
quick understanding of whether you're on the same "wavelength"
or whether you're talking past one another.    (03)