Re: [ontolog-forum] Endurantism and Perdurantism - Re: Some Comments on

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <Rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 09:36:16 -0700
I agree with John in nearly every detail for 1, 2 and 4, but I
would rephrase 3 from the following:    (01)

  3. Basic principle:  The overwhelming amount of detailed
reasoning
     is done at the local level.  The results of reasoning at the
     local level are exported to the shared level.    (02)

Instead, I would put it this way:    (03)

  3. Basic principle:  The overwhelming amount of detailed
reasoning
     that is done at the local level involves the interests of
the
        local level, plus the reporting requirements for sending
info
        to the reporting level.  The results of reasoning at the
     local level are exported to the reporting level where the
        reports are joined to calculate the reporting decision
space.    (04)

Each unit functions in the local interest of its own context,
plus the reporting context which it sends to the reporting level.
The interfaces between any unit A and another unit B are attended
to by
both A and B's estimate of the value of that interface within
their own interests plus their assigned reporting requirements.    (05)

IMHO, this is very much in line with the neocortex model of one
neural column which Jeff Hawkins proposes and discusses.  And
there is an equivalent history of learning in both human
oranizations (1 to 7 per organization) and in Jeff's model of the
neural column.    (06)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper,
www DOT EnglishLogicKernel DOT com