Re: [ontolog-forum] Marvin Minsky's original memo on frames

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 15:26:45 -0700
MB> ... ask what purposes this forum serves:
-To build a universal/strong AI
        Much of our discussion has been in this
direction primarily because
        It is still a topic most of us believe can
ultimately be done.  But for now,
        There is no well understood way to do it.
Some day that light bulb
        Will go on and someone (one of us?) will
build something that
        We all agree is AI driven.
-To build systems using ontologies serving more
narrow purposes
        I would say this is a current topic of
discussion, and is the focus of most
        Of the commercial members to this list.