Re: [ontolog-forum] Advances in Cognitive Systems

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 10:23:06 -0400
On Thu, September 4, 2014 08:26, John F Sowa wrote:
> On 9/4/2014 6:06 AM, Rich Cooper wrote:
>> how would you make the politician lie consistently?
>> That would be required for realistic simulation of
>> a real politician.
>
> It's actually very simple.    (01)

It can lie consistently by having a set of untruths to provide or
elaborate on on demand.  (E.g., a stump speech worth of quotes.)  For a
Turing Test capable
simulation, however, the non-simple trick is to pull out a quote that is
at least marginally relative to the question asked.  A politician
simulator for a media interview or "debate" would be far easier than one
that has to act in less formal surroundings.    (02)

> You just give the simulated politician
> the same personality as a typical executive in any business, charity,
> or religious organization on the planet.    (03)

Creating such personality simulations would not be "simple".  I can't
believe that you would think so, John.    (04)