Re: [ontolog-forum] physical context and mental context

To: "Patrick J. Hayes" <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, KR-language <kr-language@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Richard S. Latimer" <rslatimer@xxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhmccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 22:57:47 -0700
Pat,
I changed my mind at the last minute, here are the all-English versions.

        http://mkrmke.org/physical.english.html
        http://mkrmke.org/mental.english.html

P.S. I left some indenting when I edited,
but I didn't pretty print it for you.

Dick McCullough
Context Knowledge Systems
mKR/mKE tutorial

From: rhmccullough@xxxxxxxxx
To: phayes@xxxxxxx
CC: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; kr-language@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; rslatimer@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] physical context and mental context
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 21:00:34 -0700

Pat
I couldn't find your email on Outlook.com,
so I copied this from Ontolog Forum archives.

&&&&& see remarks below

On Apr 12, 2014, at 2:34 PM, Richard H. McCullough <rhmccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (01) > Pat, you said: > I have no idea what I would be disagreeing with (or not). > You still have not given your notation any semantics, > so none of these displayed lines convey any content. > I say: I've got it ! > Every mKR proposition has an English translation. > The English translation is the meaning of the mKR proposition.    (02) OK, then please save me from the mKR and just tell me the English sentences that they translate to.    (03)
&&&&& Are you sure you want all English?
&&&&& I created the hierarchy group because it's so much easier to read
&&&&& than the English (and mKR) equivalent propositions.
&&&&& But if you want it, I'll give it to you. Let me know.

 If I find any of those sentences to be ambiguous., should I conclude that the mKR is ambiguous?    (04)
&&&&& Assuming you want context translations, yes.
&&&&& The whole point of context knowledge is to remove ambiguity.
&&&&& I can write ambiguous mKR, but I try to avoid it.

 Pat    (05) &&&&& I'll make you an English + hierarchy group translation.
&&&&& Then I'll translate the hierarchy if you really want it.

Dick McCullough
Context Knowledge Systems
mKR/mKE tutorial