Re: [ontolog-forum] physical context and mental context

To: rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Richard H. McCullough" <rhmccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: KR-language <kr-language@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Richard S. Latimer" <rslatimer@xxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 11:47:57 -0500

On Apr 12, 2014, at 1:02 AM, Richard H. McCullough <rhmccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:    (01)

> Today I accepted my responsibility as a Knowledge Engineer,
> I identified the mental context propositions.
> Forgive me if I sound like your teacher, it's just easier for me
> to express my ideas that way.
>
> Separating the physical context, dealing with metaphysics,
> which asks the question: What exists?, is fairly easy.
> My mKR version is
>    http://ContextKnowledgeSystems.org/physical.mkr.html
> There are "physical" labels everywhere, which can be removed
> if it's clear we are only concerned with the physical context.
>
> Next we come to the mental context, dealing with epistemology,
> which asks the question: How do we know?
> The first part of constructing a mental context is also easy.
> We have "mental" labels everywhere and
>         mental thing denotes physical thing;
> But you have to face up to the question of whether mental things
> are really physical when you look inside the mind.
> My answer is yes, so my mKR version
>     http://ContextKnowledgeSystems.org/mental.mkr.html
> contains subhierarchies like this:
>     physical entity:
>              /mental entity;
>                        //percept;
>                        //concept;
>                        //...
>             /mental characteristic;
>                        //...
>             /mental proposition;
>                         //...
>
> I think the two most significant things in the mental context are
>
>        Mind ::  mental existent isdef mental entity, mental characteristic,
>mental proposition;
>
> which is my literal definition of what a mind is, and
>
>        Mind Body Identity ::  me is I;
>
> where "I" is my physical self, and "me" is my mental self.
>
> I think I've got a reasonable mental context here.
> If you disagree, speak up.    (02)

I have no idea what I would be disagreeing with (or not). You still have not
given your notation any semantics, so none of these displayed lines convey any
content.     (03)

Pat    (04)

> Dick McCullough
> Context Knowledge Systems
> mKR/mKE tutorial

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)
phayes@xxxxxxx       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (06)