Re: [ontolog-forum] "I don't believe in word senses." Sue Atkins

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:42:42 -0400
Rich

Personal ontologies are always possible in a Lewis Carroll sense, but not the goal when one is pursuing some operative degree of interoperability.

I was asking about a start on ontology development aided by the use of extant vocabularies and definitions, not taking that definition as an end point. There is a good deal of analysis in context such as with real data and what it means to users that goes into the refinement for there.

Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.
NSF INTEROP Project
SOCoP Executive Secretary
Knowledge Strategies