Re: [ontolog-forum] API4KB and diverse ontologies

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:41:46 -0400
Ed,    (01)

> But you can't blow hot and cold with the same mouth here.    (02)

I'm blowing ambivalence.    (03)

The initial impression I got from Sottara's 2012 slides was that he
was trying to do something very ambitious that was premature for
standardization.  But you and Elisa convinced me that he is doing
something much simpler -- and certainly doable.    (04)

My only objection is we already have a solution:  Common Logic is
a superset of all the logics on their list.  Any or all of the three
dialects in the 2007 ISO standard or the next revision -- CLIF, CGIF,
or XCL -- could be used for interchange among the systems on their list.    (05)

So what's the point?    (06)