Re: [ontolog-forum] API4KB and diverse ontologies

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Elisa Kendall <ekendall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 20:35:18 -0700
Hi John,    (01)

To follow up briefly, the folks working on this effort do have prototype
activities underway, including projects in the RuleML (DROOLS, Reaction
RuleML, etc.) community among others.  The OMG wiki may not reflect
this, at least not on the front page, nor does it cover planned, joint
activities with the OntoIOP folks. We learned last week in Berlin that
there are clearly areas of synergy, and that some of the work on both
projects might be accelerated via joint effort between OntoIOP and
API4KBs.  And, the current approach on API4KBs is more focused on
wrappers, well defined interfaces and mappings than creating anything as
broad as the slides you've pointed to might appear to indicate without
more knowledge of the work behind them.    (02)

It's nice to know you're paying attention, though :),    (03)

Elisa    (04)