Re: [ontolog-forum] Data & Relations

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:02:13 -0700

Hi John,

I noticed your use of Person:"Kingsley Idehen" .... I'm curious: is this a new notation for you? Just a step away from "Person:Kingsley Idehen" which would be the fullpagename of a page in a wiki, a page located in the "Person" namespace. From an ISO Topic Maps perspective, it'd be: topictype:topicname.

Opaque URLs are fine on interchange, when full specification (eg by adding a typing triple) is necessary to overcome organizational differences; opaque URLs being otherwise useless operationally.

Anyway it's a pleasure to see this naming method used in this community. Are there (other) precedents for it you know of?

Thnks -john