Re: [ontolog-forum] Data & Relations

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 21:38:10 -0400
Stephen -

On May 29, 2013, at 9:18 PM, Stephen Young wrote:

If there are relationships encoded in those row-sets - by way of common columns/foreign keys or common field values - the tools will graph them.

By no means am I facile with how the various many DBMS engines actually store their contents, but I'm pretty sure early engines often favored inverted list structures.  Decidedly non RDBMS.

Now what?

I'm suspicious that Michael Stonebraker's recent column-store efforts are circling back to inverted list like structures.  Just a suspicion.

David Eddy
deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Legacy Software, Ltd.
www.legacysoftware.co.uk