Re: [ontolog-forum] The Society of Mind as Internet platform

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 20:00:16 +0200

Hello John,    (01)

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 01:04:19PM -0400, John F Sowa wrote:
> I'll comment on your notes in this thread, since it more directly
> reflects goals for future developments.    (02)

This move is telling. I feared that my original post was off topic.    (03)

Maybe you see everything too much in the context of AI ? Ontologies and
the Semantic Web can be judged outside of this context too.    (04)

>However, it might have been done if the DAML project had implemented
>what they proposed to do.
>The report by Tim Berners-Lee in February 2000 proposed a DARPA
>*Agent* Markup Language (DAML).
[...]
>Source:  http://www.w3.org/2000/01/sw/DevelopmentProposal    (05)

I cannot find something about agents discovering other agents via formal
service descriptions in the report.    (06)

This report seems to be written to appease as many people as possible so it
is no wonder that some people were disappointed.    (07)

Considering the [unrightful] reputation of failure AI has in the public, I am
not surprised the the W3C did not concentrate on that aspect.    (08)

[VivoMind / Flexible Modular Framework]
>We would like to release a platform based on this approach as open
>source (and provide other software for sale).  But right now, our
>business model has been to develop applications in response to various
>contracts.    (09)

Money makes the mind go round. I think no single person can understand or
construct a mind. But a complex and challenging environment - like an economy
of agents - may be able to emerge better AI.    (010)

If you think a financial transaction layer can be modelled easily onto FMF,
why not give it a try and offer it as platform with a transaction fee ?    (011)

Regards,    (012)

Michael Brunnbauer    (013)

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer