Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: MOVED: Re: [ontology-summit] Hackathon: BACnet

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Hassan Aït-Kaci <hak@xxxxxxx>
From: "Barkmeyer, Edward J" <edward.barkmeyer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 00:28:15 -0400
Actually, John, the last observation is slightly inaccurate.  'give' is a
predicate.  A is not connected to 'give' but rather to some "event" x that
satisfies 'give', and similarly, B and C.  Moreover, the 3 dyadic relations
capture the notion of distinct "roles" in the 'give' event.  I prefer to speak
of the existentialized event x as a "giving" (the gerund).  It is my
recollection that Adam Pease also explicitly uses the term 'gerund' in
describing the CELT (KIF) model of A gives B to C.    (01)

-Ed    (02)

--
Edward J. Barkmeyer                       Email: edbark@xxxxxxxx
Engineering Laboratory -- Systems Integration Division