Re: [ontolog-forum] Improved Elizae being used in Call Centers

To: <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:09:50 -0800
Dear Doug,    (01)

You wrote:
        I  note that the person in charge of this
system, Chetan Dube, has no papers discoverable by
Google Scholar.  The company website,
http://www.ipsoft.com, links to no technical
articles.    (02)

        -- doug foxvog    (03)

I just checked the web site and it appears you are
absolutely right.  I see no ties to academia, even
though they do have lots of 1/8 page photos with
captions honoring scientists of various
persuasions, including Turing.  There is one panel
stating they will *soon* take the Turing test with
one of their bots.      (04)

I suspect that this lack of academic association,
plus the services they offer for supporting their
bots, is the reason why they seem to be doing so
well financially that they are referenced by The
Economist and by CIO.      (05)

>From the bio, he was a Math Prof at NYU with a
specialty in finite state automata before going
commercial:    (06)

        Chetan Dube, President and CEO    (07)

        Chetan Dube has served as the President
and CEO of IPsoft since its inception in 1998.
During his tenure, he has led the company to
create a radical shift in the way IT is managed.     (08)

        Prior to joining IPsoft, Chetan served as
an Assistant Professor at New York University,
where his research was focused on deterministic
finite-state computing engines. Chetan is a widely
recognized speaker on autonomics and utility
computing and serves on the board of numerous
IT-related institutions.     (09)

No mention of any background in language before
going with IPsoft.      (010)

-Rich    (011)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper