Re: [ontolog-forum] Improved Elizae being used in Call Centers

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:30:26 +0100

hi all,    (01)

I guess this Eliza is not much more advanced than the speech recognizing
robots I already encountered when calling call centers: An "adventure game
engine" where every possible choice has been outlined by humans in advance.    (02)

Although I have no problem interacting with machines and would love to
have a conversation with an AI that can pass the Turing test, I always refuse
to interact with those robots in natural language and press the dial buttons
until I am connected to a real human or the machine offers me to go through
the choices via the dial buttons. Does anybody else here have an aversion
against speaking to dumb callcenter robots ?    (03)

Also, the implicit assumption in those callcenter adventure games is that I
am calling with a standard problem and did not RTFM. The time of the callers
with nontrivial problems is wasted so that the company can save time with
their callcenter workers. This is some kind of crowdsourcing and I am not
sure if this is the future as my time is my most precious resource.    (04)

Regards,    (05)

Michael Brunnbauer    (06)

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer