Re: [ontolog-forum] Truth

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <chris.menzel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:53:58 -0500
> The backquote in LISP can be applied to any expression.  The IKL
> 'that' operator can be implemented in LISP by applying backquote
> to sentences in some version of logic.
>
> That is probably right.    (01)

But Pat wrote:    (02)

> Sorry, can't let that go by. No, it can't be implemented in LISP, in this or
>any other way.     (03)

I appear to contradict Pat here, but all that I mean is that, given syntactic
similarities between LISP backquote and the IKL "that" operator, you could
probably use backquote to simulate a reasonably significant swath of the
intended logical behavior of the IKL operator. I don't off the top of my head
see what that wouldn't be so, but I would defer to Pat's superior knowledge of
LISP on this point.    (04)

-chris    (05)