Re: [ontolog-forum] What goes into a Lexicon?

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Hans Polzer" <hpolzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 14:17:02 -0500

David,

One of the things that I was taught in introductory Physics at MIT a long time ago was to do “order of magnitude estimates”, such as how many grains of sand are there in the beaches of the world, or how many bricks are in the Empire State Building. The main point was to develop the student’s ability to do a “sanity check” on any calculations they might perform in solving problems, especially on slide rules. :-)

So I’m saying that the numbers meet the “order of magnitude” credibility test.

Hans