Re: [ontolog-forum] What goes into a Lexicon?

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 13:21:00 -0500
Rich -

On Mar 1, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Rich Cooper wrote:

If so, I still hold that the cost of hiring the export/import contractor is a one time thing and simple tuning of one export/import project is usually enough for the second project.

Let's try some allegedly real numbers:

A single (admitedly large) transportation organization has found:

- 3000 interfaces
- costing between $145,000 to $450,000 per year

Do the very crude math & you get a cost approximating $1B/year.

I have been told these numbers, but I have not been able to confirm them with the "author."