Re: [ontolog-forum] What goes into a Lexicon?

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Hans Polzer" <hpolzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 13:41:06 -0500

David,

I can’t verify those numbers, but if it’s the transportation organization we have been discussing in separate emails, the numbers seem credible based on the numbers of interfaces and the costs on the programs I worked on for that organization (which by themselves had costs in the tens of millions per year). The only way they were able to sustain those costs is through being able to charge their customers for those costs because they have, in effect, a captive market. Nonetheless, they are under pressure to dramatically reduce those costs despite the fact that they have very little control over most of those interfaces.

Hans