Re: [ontolog-forum] What goes into a Lexicon?

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:07:13 -0500
Hans -

On Mar 1, 2012, at 1:41 PM, Hans Polzer wrote:

I can’t verify those numbers, but if it’s the transportation organization we have been discussing in separate emails

I expected you'd pick up on those.  I don't remember if they were supposed to be from TRANSCOM or the Air Force.  Really doesn't matter.

Since I grew up in the shadow of the Pentagon (down Shirley Highway in Alexandria) & have been tilting at this "good names" issue for 20+ years now I have a wide & deep skepticism streak.

The problem is one can typically never actually verify them.    File under: "75.3% of statistics are made up on the spot."  Certainly endemic around the Pentagon.