Re: [ontolog-forum] Re Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jim Rhyne" <jrr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:40:27 -0700
There is an alternative approach in which the individual exists for all
time, but the physical characteristics (including whether the individual is
alive) are determined by time periods, or alternatively by situations that
happen to exist during known time periods, but can still be represented even
when the time periods are unknown. Try a google search on "situation
calculus"    (01)

Jim Rhyne
Software Renovation Consulting
Los Gatos, California