Re: [ontolog-forum] Mailing list etiquette

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:01:41 -0800
Thank you, Jack & Chris.    (01)

> [CM]  I think the mashups we've been seeing,
> esp. from John Sowa, are an attempt to adhere
> to the (also arbitrary) one post per day rule.    (02)

[ppy]  I am in favor of totally getting rid of the 'one post per day'
practice ... as that was one of many suggestions suggested to address
a certain issue which we no longer have now ( ... and I actually have
always opposed to making rules that restricts people who don't need
the rules, when those who do, wouldn't even play by the rules.)    (03)

> [CM] top-post ...    (04)

[ppy] I do top-posting too, but in a way that what needs to be read is
available as the first thing on the message, with proper context ...
and then the original thread left at the bottom as a reference and
further contextual information (so that people don't really have to
look around, or go to the archives for them.) I know this is a bit
wasteful ... but storage and other technology has pretty much provided
us with the luxury now.    (05)

May I, instead, ask posters to think of your readers more, when making
your post ... and that (if considered a rule at all) might already
suffice.    (06)

Thanks & regards.  =py