Re: [ontolog-forum] Tighter control of ontolog forum? - a solution?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ed Barkmeyer <edbark@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:56:05 -0500

Ron Wheeler wrote:
> Perhaps we should declare a moratorium on references to any paper or
> research that predates the use of computers and see if that focuses the
> forum on repositories.
>       (01)

Well, that should eliminate any meaningful discussion of standard upper
ontologies, and most ontology content.  After all, our intent is to
encode knowledge, and knowledge did not originate after the dawn of
computers, or with the development of PDF, no matter how much the recent
academic graduates seem to think so.    (02)

The problem is relevance, not hoariness.    (03)

-Ed    (04)

Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8263                FAX: +1 301-975-4694    (05)

 and have not been reviewed by any Government authority."    (06)