Re: [ontolog-forum] rant on pseudoscience

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 23:31:33 +0000
Came across this paper by Chaitin

Randomness and Mathematical Proof

Scientific American 232, No. 5 (May 1975), pp. 47-52

by Gregory J. Chaitin

Although randomness can be precisely defined and can even be measured, a given number cannot be proved to be random. This enigma establishes a limit to what is possible in mathematics.

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~chaitin/sciamer.html

it references Solomonov

clever work eh?