Re: [ontolog-forum] rant on pseudoscience

To: ravi sharma <drravisharma@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:37:15 +0000
Ravi

i am  not sure what is the official position of science on  'infinity'

Was it Avril working on it? Avril please enlighten us:

If I remember correctly, EMC2 formula  ended with an implication that resulted in an assertion of infinity,
that however is not a subject that science has been able to define.neasure therefore
it results at false (go figure)  or ignored

(apologies for the trivialization of the paraphrased argument, please correct the above if you know how
it goes)

I have seen papers published about the replication of random sets techniques and that makes me think (uhm> common sense would suggest it doesnt sound right)

re, intellectual freedom, maybe it should be 'ontological freedom' for the purpose of this forum

I understand that both science and religion try to provide some certainties so that people dont  too astray in this world,
but the amount of misinformation that goes around is massive, even in universities

PDM