Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontologies associalmediators(was:Ontologydevelopment

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Christopher Spottiswoode" <cms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 20:39:35 +0200
Ah, yes.  Well, Yeats' (non-identical) twin to the Russell aphorism appeared as one row in the table I have already pointed the list to, in my opening post for this thread, namely: http://jeffsutherland.com/oopsla97/SpottiswoodeByndBO.html#table, and the table was prefaced partly by this parenthesis:  "(and where we may note that neither side [of the 2-column table] has a monopoly of either good or bad, and ambivalences abound)"

But oh, Azamat, I would never try to be encyclopedic on "stupidity"!  Nor even on "intelligence" ... or "creativity", for that matter.  And btw, I am still mulling over my planned essay on the cardinal Ontological sin of even thinking of being encyclopedic in even the smallest "ontology", for that misses the point of abstraction and would tend to preclude validly different or creatively new perspectives.

Christopher