Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontologies as social mediators (was:Ontologydevelopm

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "FERENC KOVACS" <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 07:39:22 -0000
Vhris wrote:
My *hunch* is that he is trying to illustrate that written English is
ambiguous (which, of course, we already knew full well) and that this
somehow throws the concept of identity into doubt.  I think that is a
very confused idea.  But maybe that's not what he has in mind; all I can
do is guess.  Is it just me?    (01)

If you check out that line - it is the same proposition in two copies on two
sides of a relation sign?
How can they be the same? In Form? In Content?
In form they cannot be the same as they take up different space and you read
then subsequently.
In content: it is then interpreted by different people with different
background knowledge.For instance those who interpret two string connected
with an equal sign as an entry word in a dictionary and its meaning
(annotation) would find that a tautology. It would be nice to see what
meaning is then in that sense: is it not just the next string of words that
you recall in an answer to the question?    (02)

"Knowledge is an ordered acess to information" Iformation is not just form,
it is content. "The media is the message" was a bloody lie. Now you call
those in the media as a Content providers. Come on, Chris. We live in the
same world despite speaking Different Languages. can we change reality by
calling it a different name?
Cheers
ferenc    (03)