Re: [ontolog-forum] example of Science and Indian Scripture blog..

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 12:19:01 +0300

http://www.geocities.com/lavlesh/More_About_india/ancient_city_found.htm
"For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945."6500 BC, Mahabharata:

...a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour...
a perpendicular explosion
with its billowing smoke clouds...
...the cloud of smoke
rising after its first explosion
formed into expanding round circles
like the opening of giant parasols...

..it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognisable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

 Very engaging reading. Thank you, Pavithra, for the info about ancient atomic bombs and nuclear warfare. Now i wonder which traditional story this narration belongs: myth, legend, folktale, or just fable. Do we meet here a new branch of mythology, Nuclear Mythology? Then it's time for the western archeologists to leave the ancient Egypt, with its pyramid technologies and immortality techniques as mummies, and move to India, taking its ancient Vedic literature as a research report. It is so mind-boggling: flying machines, astronauts, cosmic projectiles, nuclear weapons, death-rays, and atomic warfare. Maybe, we find out what caused the Tunguska Event: an asteroid's crash or an UFO nuclear reactor or Tesla's energy weapon. Then we also need to investigate why the U.S. government crushed his inventions, rediscovered from the Atlantis civilizatons: anti-gravity, time-travel, death-ray, beam weapon, and thought machines. Especially, why they quashed the thought machines. Now i have to waste my precious time for its new redicovering. Under Nuclear Mythology, all the legends of the ancient great powers, the Rama Empire, Atlantis, Osiris (the Mediterranean Empire), even the Sodom and Gomorrah's destruction, may find some rationale. What most gladdens me: the soviets and the americans had been wiser than the Atlanteans and the Ramas, to head off a total mutual nuclear devastation.

We need a comprehensive and consistent world view of all things, the past history inclusive, i.e., we need a global ontology as much as never before.

Azamat