Re: [ontolog-forum] UK apology for its treatment of Turing

To: <paoladimaio10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:37:53 -0700

Hi Paola, please see my comments below.

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com

Rich AT EnglishLogicKernel DOT com

The lesson that we can learn, and probably the only portion of this thread relevant  to this forum, is that a lot of deviation can arise from misrepresentation of knowledge
and a lot of ignorance suffering and evil can be caused by accepting
what is transmitted by society at face value and without questioning and without proper inquiry and demistification.
Ant that it takes courage and self sacrifice to do that...

PDM

It seems to me that misrepresentation would require intent by the misrepresenter.  Other than intentional misrepresentation, every subjective point of view is by definition valid if consistent and complete.  So your description intrigues me; it would be interesting to see exactly where our opinions differ on that, if you don’t mind discussing it here.  We could take the topic off-line if you prefer.

-Rich