Re: [ontolog-forum] UK apology for its treatment of Turing

To: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:25:55 +0100

Thanks for the detailed history lesson.

It provides lots of good example of how everything comes out of everything else,
and how reality is a complex ensemble of dependencies, consequences, causes and effects and paradoxes.

 My only quibble with the facts and figures you quote below is that they are notional, we have few certainties, very likely records are partial and incomplete, thus reality
is even more intricate than what our documentation can explain and proof

For the purpose of ontology, or Ontology?, the discussion illustrates how a factual representation, however accurate and documented, is always likely to be only partial account of what reality is (we could then enter into a probablilty discussion), and  what is 'knowable' a very old argument on this list

I remember definitely posting a refernce to Sanskirt years ago - can't remember exactly in reference to what point , probably discussing logic, or the notion of Cause, in greek adhya
or something - Glad to see more references coming up from you and Ravi