Re: [ontolog-forum] Event Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: semantic-web@xxxxxx
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:12:09 +0300
John Bottoms wrote:
"An interesting question might be: how do we migrate from detecting simple
events to more complex ones. Or, we might discuss how those events are
represented in an ontology so that they are anticipated and detected
correctly."    (01)

Indeed. Being the universal and ubiquitous real world phenomena, events
deserve a full scale discussion. Events as happenings, occurrences and
occasions are the most familiar things, as being everywhere and every time
to everything. They are key elements in the very Nature, from subatomic to
cosmic scale, as well as in life, mental life, social life, in technology
and industry, mass media and computing, particularly. Natural events,
physical events, chemical events, biological events, mental events, social
events, political events, cultural events are just some types of generic
Event.    (02)

Imo, most confusion could be avoided with its adequate defining as "a change
happening at a given place/time, followed and caused by some other events
(changes, acts, or actions)."    (03)

I am inclined to think that the current downgrading of event as a real world
"nonevent" comes from its poor ontological study.    (04)

Azamat Abdoullaev    (05)