Re: [ontolog-forum] Event Ontology

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 11:21:20 -0700

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com

Rich AT EnglishLogicKernel DOT com

John Sowa wrote:

With his famous papers of 1905, Einstein destroyed Mach's

assumptions:  his paper on Brownian motion showed that atoms

and molecules could be observed by their effects on tiny particles

that could be seen through a microscope.  His two papers about

relativity and photons assumed unobservable principles and

entities that violated all of Mach's rules about how theories

should be formulated.

But having invented relativity as a stop gap and limited solution, he missed the full, real one - subjectivity.  As the SUO group helped me decide, reality isn't the issue, it’s the observer's subjectivity that limits her observations.

If any one of us (even Einstein) experienced riding on a beam of light, or falling free in an elevator (even in our imaginations), we would have had similar responses to Albert's.

AE just made a simple category error because he didn't have all the information available that we do now.  Subjectivity, specialized, leads to relativity.

-Rich