Re: [ontolog-forum] [STI-community] FINAL CALL: charting the futureof se

To: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 07:46:26 -0700
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>    (01)

RHM> As I've been telling Pat, my symbols are mapped to reality
 > before I assemble them into sentences.  My context expresses
 > the meaning of my symbols.    (02)

> Pat, Chris, and I agree with your principle as stated above.
> But we suggest that you specify *how* that mapping could be
> described in sufficient detail that a programmer could implement
> it in a computer program.    (03)

You can get me started in the right direction by explaining how
a computer programmer can map "John F. Sowa" to reality.
Next, how a computer programmer can map "human" to reality.
Next, how a computer programmer can map "John F. Sowa is a human." to
reality.    (04)

Dick McCullough
http://mkrmke.org     (05)