Re: [ontolog-forum] Requirements of computer language semantics

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 18:56:44 -0700
John:
On 3/21/09 1:30 PM, "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Duane and Dick,

DN> Having studied Google since day 1, I have found that they do
 > offer rudimentary disambiguation where terms may have a plurality
 > of meanings.

Yes, I realize that they have been using some rudimentary semantics.
But it is not yet at the level of the kinds of semantics we have
been discussing in the forum.

It just occurred to me that we have never had a Google speaker on this forum.  I wonder if we should reach out to Google and find out if they have any interested in participating within this forum.  It seems to me a perfect place where they should be.

And I agree with you that their semantics is rudimentary, especially by the standards on this list.