Re: [ontolog-forum] OpenCyc OWL Files

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 08:29:38 -0800
regarding the mKR language, JS wrote    (01)

> To illustrate the principles, the above mKR sentence could be
> translated to an IKL statement such as the following:
>
> (exists (Space s, Time t, View v)
>    (and (Location v s t) (Describes v (that (mKR2IKL sentence)))))
>
> I agree that the mKR notation is more compact and readable.    (02)

I understand what you're saying.  I will have to learn the IKL language.
I have no knowledge of IKL at present, so I don't even know if
"Location", "Describes", "that" are a good translation.    (03)

To stimulate some thought in the meantime, here's an mKR example.
(Remember that mKR is, in spirit, a controlled English language.)    (04)

at view = weekly routine;
at space = my house, time = 10 am Wednesday {
       I do go to the store with purpose = buy food done;

Note that the meaning of "my house", "the store", etc. will be defined
as part of the propositions in "weekly routine".    (06)

Dick McCullough
Ayn Rand do speak od mKR done;
mKE do enhance od Real Intelligence done;
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://mKRmKE.org/    (07)