Re: [ontolog-forum] OpenCyc OWL Files

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:23:20 -0600
> Common Logic is a "pure" logic that is as ontologically neutral as
> possible.  Therefore, it has no built-in ontology for time,
> location, describing, or anything else.  CL doesn't even have a
> built-in ontology for set theory.  CL does recognize numerals as
> names, but it does not have any axioms for relating the numeral 5 to
> the numerals 4 or 6.    (01)

Actually, numerals not part of the general CL syntax; a CL conformant
dialect may or may not have them.  I suspect you are thinking of the
CLIF dialect, which does take the numerals to be distinguished names
and to have their standard denotations in the CLIF semantics.
(Interested readers should consult Appendix A of the ISO standard
document.)    (02)

-chris    (03)