Re: [ontolog-forum] Is there something I missed?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 17:14:52 -0500
Pat,    (01)

PH> Also the choice of the word "discourse" has a Piercian ring to it.    (02)

De Morgan used the term 'universe of discourse' and Peirce adopted
that term.  CSP also talked about about multiple universes and ways
of relating them.    (03)

PH> Googling "domain of discourse" and C. S. Pierce  located this gem:
 >
 > www.socialscience.t-mobile.hu/vol2_pietarinen.pdf    (04)

I agree.  Pietarinen has written some good stuff.  He invited me
to present a talk at the Peirce conference in Helsinki last year.    (05)

PH> which all the SWeb-bashers out there should read :-)    (06)

Fortunately, I am not a SWeb-basher.  I think that the idea of
an SWeb is great.  Unfortunately, there were some lapses in
execution that should be corrected.    (07)