Re: [ontolog-forum] Is there something I missed?

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 21:34:06 +0200
Ron wrote:
It appears that there is very little enthusiasm for real work here.
> Endless arguments around the edges of each topic seem to be the flavour
> of the month. There is very little interest is highlighting areas of
> agreement except to buttress some argument against someone else's ideas    (01)

It is too pessimistic. IMO, the Forum happened to collect most advanced
minds in the sphere of ontology and ontology engineering. With high
organization, the Group can solve most challenging tasks, delivering
outstanding products. An obstacle to the advancement is one talky soul,
talking just for talk, firmly believing that words speak louder than
actions. In many Russian village, you may find places where few local senior
women, babushkas, sit all day talking about nothing. The content and the
purpose are of little importance. What is important, the act of exchanging
rumors, anecdotes, and gossips, the process of conversation.  Usually, these
closed country fora  led by gabbiest babushkas, full of trivial news.