Re: [ontolog-forum] Next steps in using ontologies as standards

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 01:13:28 -0500
You have proposed using a repository.
There is one now set up.    (01)

No one has added any actual ontologies since it has been set up.    (02)

The endless discussions continue on but none of the main contributors
are willing to put a stake in the ground.    (03)

Show me the money!!!    (04)

Start entering some examples of metadata for existing ontologies, on the
wiki.    (05)

Let us see if we agree on metadata.
Let us see if we can have a factual discussion about competing
ontologies that goes past  the emotional "I like mine better than
yours." or worse yet "I think that my criteria for choosing a way to
chose ontologies will be better than yours."    (06)

If the ideas expressed in this forum are to be any use to humanity
beyond making the current writer feel better about himself, we have to
start deciding on some generally held views and get them documented.    (07)

The particular wiki software is not as easy to use as others and I have
not even looked at polls or surveys yet,
None the less, it is sufficient for our current needs.
If we get a lot of content and a lot of contributors and visitors, we
will be in a good place to ask for funding.    (08)

Ron    (09)