Re: [ontolog-forum] Next steps in using ontologies as standards

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:26:05 -0800
All,    (01)

While this has been an interesting conversation ... it has,
nonetheless, not stayed focused on the subject matter, which I assume,
was the purpose of Steve Ray when started the thread in the hope of
developing the discourse on this year's Ontology Summit theme, which
reads: "OntologySummit2009: Toward Ontology-based Standards." [0, 0a]    (02)

For those (who weren't able to participate earlier) who are interested
in the last few year's Ontology Summit theme (all of which were
revisited in this conversation),    (03)

 2006: the Upper Ontology Summit [1]
 2007: Ontology, Taxonomy, Folksonomy: Understanding the Distinctions [2]
 2008: Toward an Open Ontology Repository [3]    (04)

In particular, anyone who believes in the value and efficacy of an
open ontoplogy repository are encouraged to look over the work of the
(independent, but also incubated here in the Ontolog collaborative
work environment) ongoing "Open Ontology Repository (OOR)" initiative
[4] (which was actually started before last year's summit) and,
hopefully, join up with those folks in their effort.    (05)

 [0] --- http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2009
 [0a] - OntologySummit2009 Launch Event -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2009_01_15
 [1] --- http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit
 [1a] -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit/UosJointCommunique