Re: [ontolog-forum] Semantic Web shortcomings [was Re:ANN: GoodRelations

To: <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:59:50 -0700
If I said I knew the answers, I would be both arrogant and demonstrating a lack of understanding of the full complexity.  I am more of a cowboy coder – just code the next step then sit back and see what happens.  Nevertheless,  I do agree with your perspective on RDF somewhat.  The grounding of meaning (linking the referent and the term) is done via Google observing how people interact with resources.  Their mechanism is very simple yet surprisingly accurate.

I hope Nazzy stays with the Canucks and we go for the cup!