Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology similarity and accurate communication

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:03:01 -0400
You don't think you need to worry about the upper ontology for integration?    (01)

Then everyone will have their own (potentially incompatible) meanings for
person, place, organization, time, object, substance, artifact (manufactured
object), event (happening), group, path, properties(attributes/relations),
organism, reasoning, emotion, gravity, agents, goals, obligations, exchange,
money, liquid flow, and a few other things that I don't think most systems
will want to do without.  For manufacturing you might throw out all of
biology but you have a lot left over.  Do you think that mapping to
separately developed ontologies is a straightforward task?    (02)

Are you serious?    (03)

Pat    (04)

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA, Inc.