Re: [ontolog-forum] Formatting posts [was - Scheduling a Discussion [was

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:25:23 -0500
I use Thunderbird, which can generate good HTML and display
good HTML very well.  But I choose to send the plain text
option, and I prefer to read plain text as well.    (01)

The primary reason why I prefer to read plain text is that
it always appears in a readable font of exactly the same
size for every email note I get.    (02)

But HTML input is highly variable.  Most people who generate
HTML messages produce decent output, but others don't.  For
some reason, their fonts are either too big or too small.    (03)

The worst messages have different paragraphs in different
sizes for no apparent reason.    (04)

My recommendation is to use plain text for all email.    (05)