Re: [ontolog-forum] C and Ada

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:41:03 -0500
EB>>  neither A nor B even had a "float" datatype.    (01)

RRS> "A?" I thought the progression was:
 >
 > BCPL -> B -> C    (02)

CPL was a language designed by Christopher Strachey, as
a large language with a scope similar to PL/I.  The acronym
CPL was popularly interpreted as Chrisopher's Private Language.    (03)

BCPL (Basic CPL) was a very small language design as an
implementation language for CPL, and B was a follow-on
to BCPL.    (04)

I heard something similar to what Randall said, and the
major question of the day was whether the follow-on to C
would be P or D.    (05)

John Sowa    (06)