Re: [ontolog-forum] electric sheep

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:49:50 +0200
JS wrote:
"...I believe that the primary role of philosophy is conceptual analysis.
...The primary role of any science is to study some range of phenomena, and
conceptual analysis is essential for clarifying and refining the concepts in
that field.''    (01)

John,
This appears too simplified interpretation of philosopy and science. Ingvar
must be right in his description of the roles played by these two
fundamental field of human knowledge.
Following Aristotle's ideas, one good contemporary mind proposed to compare
Science, Mathematics and Philosophy (Logics, Semantics, Epistemology,
Ontology) in terms of several characteristics, useful now to remind:    (02)

Reference class: material entities and relationships or concrete systems for
Science; Reality or the world, for Ontology    (03)