Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer pizza (was ckae)

To: Chris Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:32:56 -0400
Chris,    (01)

We don't disagree about the facts, but about how to
present them to people who raise the issue.    (02)

There are two facts that are equally important:    (03)

  1. Certain kinds of problems, called NP complete, take
     an exponential amount of time to solve exactly (at
     least with known techniques).    (04)

  2. But if an approximate solution is acceptable, many
     of those problems can be solved quite efficiently.    (05)

I've seen lots of discussions that tell readers point #1,
but fail to mention point #2.    (06)

I believe that is educational malpractice.    (07)