Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer pizza (was ckae)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Chris Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:37:47 -0500
On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 11:06:56AM +0200, Wacek Kusnierczyk wrote:
> Christopher Menzel wrote:
> >> Does a person in another city hear it?
> >
> > No more than she hears any performance in another city.
> >
> >> Someone asleep?
> >
> > No more than anyone else who's asleep.
> >
> does a person with the head cut off die? no more than any other person
> with the head cut off.    (01)

And that illustrates...what, exactly?  My point is that a performance of
4'33" does not differ in relevant respects from other musical
performances.  Your analogy seems a bit off the mark.    (02)

> in the first case above, can't one hear a performance in another city
> (on another continent, perhaps) while listening to transmission on a
> radio, say?    (03)

Of course one could.  Obviously, that was not an assumption in Jay's
original query.    (04)

-chris    (05)